Love God. Love People.
What We Believe
- As an inclusive, diverse, non-denominational parish, we embrace Jesus’ teaching to “Love God and love people.” (Matthew 22: 37-40) This is fundamental to all we do, how we live, and our response to all human beings.
- We believe in the power of prayer, forgiveness, and the transformation that comes from the work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe faith is strengthened through intentional study, questioning, and participation in the life of the Chapel.
- We believe that Jesus is our hope and that the we are free to live in the lively, joyous reality of the grace of God.
- We affirm The Apostles’ Creed and The Nicene Creed as central tenets of our faith.
- Baptism and communion are central to what we believe, and we embrace Holy Scripture as God’s word and truth.
There is one Church. The Bible reminds us that we have “one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God of all.” (Ephesians 4:5-6) We are committed to unity among all branches of God’s Church.
We are richer in our diversity. People of all walks of life are all embraced and welcomed. (Galatians 3:28) All means all.
Social Justice & Compassion
Peace, justice, and acts of compassion are central tenets of scripture. Wherever there is brokenness, violence, and injustice, followers of Jesus are called to respond with care, love and healing actions. (Matthew 25:37-40)