1. Johann Sebastian Bach, English Suite No.2 in A minor, BWV 807 Prelude
2. Johann Sebastian Bach, Prelude and Fugue in C Minor, WTC II, BWV 871
3. Joseph Haydn, Sonata in E-flat major, Hob.XVI:49, I. Allegro
4. Franz Liszt, Concert Etude No. 2 in F Minor “La leggierezza”, S. 144/2
5. Frederic Chopin, Nocturne in D-flat Major, Op. 27 No. 2
6. Frederic Chopin, Ballade No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 23
7. Franz Schubert, Impromptu in B-flat Major, Op. 142 No. 3, D. 935
8. Felix Mendelssohn, Variations Serieuses, Op. 54
9. Sergei Prokofiev, Romeo and Juliet – Montagues and Capulets
Nathaniel is the Junior Division Champion of the Virginia Waring International Piano Competition (the same competition that brought us the heart-racing performances of Jan Lisiecki.)
Nathaniel is 12 years old from Folsom, California. He started learning piano at the age of 5 and currently studies with Dr. Sasha Starcevich.
Nathaniel had his first piano solo recital at the age of 10. He made his orchestral debut with Florence Conservatory Orchestra at 2018 Music Festival Perugia, Italy. He also participated in the “Three Generations” concert with Ilana Vered and Sasha Starcevich in Basilica di San Pietro, Perugia, Italy.
Nathaniel has won 1st places in many piano competitions such as 2019 Waring International Junior Solo & Concerto Competition, 2018-2019 MTNA National Junior Performance Competition, 2018 Pacific Musical Society Competition, 2019 CAPMT Concerto Competition State Final, 2018 & 2015 CAPMT Honors Competition State Final, US International Music Competition Young Artist Awards (2016, 2017) and J. S. Bach Special Theme Award (2017), US Open Music Competition Open Concerto (2018), Showcase Solo (2015, 2016, 2018) and Open Solo (2016, 2018). He won 1st place, Judge’s Distinction Award and Judges’ Favorite Award in American Protégé International Piano & Strings Competition (2016) and performed in New York Carnegie Hall.
Nathaniel also had master classes with John Perry, Ilana Vered, Boris Slutsky, Max Levinson, Marc Silverman, Dmitry Rachmanov and Gregg Pauley.
Nathaniel loves sharing music with all ages and enjoys public performance. He participated in Junior Bach Festival in year 2017 and 2018. He played piano for first-graders in the elementary school during lunchtime and his story was featured on ABC World News Tonight with David Muir, segment “America Strong”. Fox40 locally did a feature story on him. He was also interviewed by ABC News 10, KCRA 13 and Good Day Sacramento Live Show.
Nathaniel loves playing chamber music too. He appeared in the “Rising Stars of Chamber Music” concert series in year 2018 and 2019. He plays violin in the school advanced orchestra. His other interests include Rubik’s cube, math, badminton, basketball and swimming.