Be still and know that I am God. ~Psalm 46:10
What a wild ride 2020 has been! While it’s been challenging, we have worked hard to stay connected in innovative ways. We love seeing you on Zoom calls, Livestream Sunday mornings, YouTube chats, as well as staying in touch via phone calls, cards, and letters, and seeing many of you just walking throughout the Chapel grounds. As we approach Advent and the end of this difficult year, the entire Chapel team and I give thanks for you and the blessing you are to each of us.
It is exciting to see what God has been doing through the Chapel to impact and change lives. During the pandemic we have:
- Enhanced Sunday 9 am live-streamed service
- Conducted Weekly Zoom Bible Studies, Book Studies, and Adult Education
- Commissioned 6 new Stephen Ministers to help care for our community, bringing our total to 30 trained caregivers
- Initiated a Phone Ministry and Care Package drop-off to 40+ seniors and those who are isolated
- Moved Children’s Sunday School online
- Orchestrated an Easter parade of 50+ cars to visit people in quarantine
- Chapel members worked on homeless shelter initiative, housing recovery, and food distribution
- Provided over $100,000 to families in need, organizations helping others, scholarships, and direct care
- Welcomed 50+ newcomers June-Sept
- Exponentially increased viewership online
- Included musicians, readers, and greeters via video from all over the world.
- Added a second service to accommodate safety guidelines and cleaning protocols.
- Installed a brand-new state of the art air purification system, donated by a parishioner
To make your year-end donation to the Snowmass Chapel, you may visit our webpage -snowmasschapel.org/give, text “Christmas” to 970-644-6891, use the enclosed envelope, or contact Administrative Director Julie Ressler. It is worth noting that additional tax benefits are available for cash charitable donations through the CARES act in 2020. If you have made a pledge for your annual giving in 2020-21, thank you so much, and please note that additional year-end gifts will not be applied to your pledge (unless requested). All contributions, small and large, are important and gratefully received.
With love, gratitude, blessings, and continual prayers,